Friday, September 26, 2014

Sept 2014

Well, I am not sure why I am coming back here to blog.
Probability its cause this blog has accompanied me for quite a long time since secondary school, and although it has died down quite abit due to the advances of Facebook, Instagram etc.

NUS CSC AGM 2014 took place at the start of the month, and with it marks the stepping down from my role in the MC and in YRS officially. The journey has been tough, but I have met many dedicated and inspiring people along the way who pushed me to the role, and who motivated me and helped me along the way. No doubt it has been hard, but I am glad to have take up the roles and learn a lot along the way. I have joined YRS with an intention of just volunteering and somehow it got big. No doubt CSC and all its awesome people have really been a huge part of my university life. When people says that they have more cca mates than course mates, I could clearly understand them man. My current closest  SOC frens are mostly stuck to my orientation week mates, and occasionally the project group mates. And not forgetting Kheng meng, my secondary school buddy till now! But i think I meet and interact with him more during our weekly volunteering at YRS instead~~

Now that the roles are passed on, a huge chuck seems missing. Once in a while I still peek into the emails (not anymore, I promise) to check on updates. And recently again, I have been asked about the mailing system. And i have eagerly promised to help them (clearly a sense of my missing doing something csc).

I am continuing to enjoy my Fridays with the YRS kids and Saturday morning mahjong-ing with Havenue auntie! And hopefully continue to keep in touch with all my CSC buddies and frens~

Oh yea, but what really made me came back here to blog - it's cause I saw a FB video on spending time with your mum. And I really got reminded of mine. I received a letter about an insurance my mum bought for me years ago today too. As I watched the video, I seriously just teared. All the things she has done for me. I missed her cooking - her curry, her fried rice...her meals. Her nagging at us big and small around the house. Her dedicated handling of all the housework. Watching TV together. Visiting grandma, and taking the chance to go to catch a movie, shopping and pretending not to like what she insists on buying for me. Or playing tourist and visiting the landmarks (often pretending that I have won some tickets or gotten some vouchers or there's some promotions going on...)

Dad has gotten a new job, albeit in the same line of sales, and he will usually eat before he comes home. So I do my best to have dinners with him on weekends. I should really attempt to go find him on weekdays to eat together as well. But i think we are still having each other awkward - like often we have little to talk about to one another. Yeah ppl say that presence and the company matters, but it could (should) have been better...

Bro has gotten a gf too! Hope things goes on well and he be on his way to marriage and a happy family :) He is really not getting any younger le.

As for me. Year 4 le. FYP is progressing, albeit on a very very very very slow pace. hopefully I can continue to be motivated enough to implement things well when things really got going. Relationship wise....still not much la. The confession from a year ago still pops up in conversations every now and then, but it remains a mystery. Striving to continue to maintain my friendships as well! A juggle between my work, friends and family. Restart my exercise regime as well!

I have sent out a few resumes at the recent SOC career fair too! Been to a technical test by iHis. Interviews (hopefully or not) should come soon. But I am still unsure about accepting offers so early too~~ sighhhhh.

That's all for now. I guess this blog is really for me and myself to reflect and jot down my own reflections. Rarely I will come back here to read though (too busy). Few friends know of this blog (still) being existent and semi-active.


No comments:

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Clannad AfterStory