Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

Someone asked me about one word to describe my 2013. I replied: "crazy".

Yeaps, it has been a really really crazy year for me. Started off peacefully. Ended off with so much events that have happened that I never expect/planned/imagined to happen.

Mum's cancer relapse. got much better without the treatment for a while and then went downhill again. and then she left. Looking back at all my blog posts, I could have done so much more. Instead i was doing so much other things. I though I was doing okay....juggling all my work and visiting her Even doing work by her bedside. Perhaps i should have like..talked more with her..even though she's asleep. "If i could turn back time..."

Dad's currently still quite idle at home. Other than attending auntie nancy's church events that happens only once in a while...he stays home all day with newspapers and tv! Trying to talk to him more. But there's still the awkwardness. Any days I can come home for dinner, I will try to do so as well. With the free days i have, i brought him to movies (cant really thing of any other things which interest him). We went sea aquarium ..and going river safari (hopefully not postponed again) this thurs! Will need to work more on this during the new yr.

Another fren and a neighbor was battling cancer too.  Al the bad news that kept coming. But at least for now they have finished treatment! One is returning to sch next sem (hope his rashes gets better) and the other seems well.

Internship at DSO. i wouldnt say that it was a totally meaningful work experience. But at least I learnt quite abit and experienced infocomm research work. Met nice colleagues and made new frens too.

Helped with YRS camp last yr and I was thinking confirm pull me into main comm. Didnt expect to become the vice-chair though. I was thinking more of publicity or programs. the qn came in the middle of an appreciation event for the volunteers. I guess I had little options but to agree. And there it was a whole semester of hard work with the comm, with new in-charge and working styles, with new kids, new volunteers, and a whole new perspective of volunteering. The outing, my 2nd camp...the 8 sessions came..and went.  Next sem...march =.=

Then another qn came to ask me to consider the main committee. I pondered and pondered. Didnt gave an answer till the very last min. Interviews, speech, election - each time a whole new experience awaits me at each step of the process. And there it was ....another 4 months of hard work added to my load. Yet another new perspective to volunteering.

Academic wise wasnt very well done either. Cap suffered a huge blow. Could only dampened the blow abit with yet another s/u.  I think my time management skills need a huge re-vamp haha. Constantly distracted by so many things going on. Was overwhelmed many a times too. Sleeping patterns got worse. My regular jogs became irregular...and gone. Kinda neglected my family and frens also. Still struggling to find the balance.

This year is also the explosion of whatsapp! so many new groups. Last yr was for facebook groups.  With each new project, event, committee, new/old groups of frens...i get added to a new group. some really chatty/spammy, others just...random. And then once its over, it gets quiet. I didnt really left any of them cos of the memories inside, though it is lagging the app many a times. I have even switched off the notifications for whatsapp groups save for individuals.

Friendships wise... Made even more friends with this gigantic cca I am in. At least they shared the passion for volunteering and are mostly nice ppl. Managed to keep in contact and met up with several old friends, especially recently. and some was bcos of events that happened. Some misunderstanding occured with a good fren too.

Seeing frens get attached... (some even getting engaged and married :O) and wondering for myself...haha. I think i am too busy for this ay to do anything fruitful. CSC for continuously stirring club for the win! And then....
Came the nus confession!! Totally out of the blue.  While its good to have someone "praising" you....but the attention it got.... And all the whatsapp chats/groups I was in coming alive and "informing" and asking me.  And at random times during meetings with frens, the topic/qn will suffice.."so..how ... yur secret admirer?? " Well, she hasnt come forward yet and I am still myself.


This holidays i can say has been spent quite fruitfully! Just as busy as the sem but mostly happily busying. Started off with the camp, and then meetings, and gatherings with different groups of ppl. Badminton, night cycling...and finally managing a few night jogs. Alot of impromptu organising and changes. Celebrating of birthdays, passion and friendships and the past yr.
Joined a few gaw parties, and had plenty of fun with the kids.  Had a chance to go back hca hospice for havenue's Christmas party! Sad that i missed t.h.e seniors outing (for the 3rd time) though.

Still got an upcoming csc chalet! night cycling trials! and already lots of work to do for the first few weeks of jan. My academic timetable not planned properly yet. Google calendar became my next best fren! Whatsapp, smses, emails kinda became my new evils because work is always coming from there. IVLE is gonna join in back again soon. hahaha.

Quite happening for singapore as well! the by election, the  haze..the riot..the hackings... @.@


Once again, many many many thanks to all the friends I have confided in! I think sometimes I reveal too much when people asked. But i really appreciate it when frens offer encouraging words. but there are others who say i bottled my feelings too much though. conflicting.


Looking back at my facebook and blog posts, I think 2013 is really too crazy. Glad I pulled through, though with some bruises, regrets, sadness, losses and lessons learnt. I will need to continue with to push on in 2014! 

No comments:

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Clannad AfterStory